Who can benefit from a bike fit?
- Anyone who has discomfort related to cycling (e.g. low back pain, knee pain, saddle or hand numbness during or after cycling, etc).
- Recreational and competitive cyclists that want to maximize their efficiency and comfort on the bike and to reduce the risk of developing overuse injuries.
What does the bike fit include?
- A thorough history of current injuries, past injuries, training volume, and racing goals.
- A physical examination of leg length, limb alignment, overall mobility and flexibility, posture and any other biomechanical issues that are relevant to the bike fit.
- Observation and documentation of current riding position.
- Adjustments to the bike and cleats are made to optimize the fit (note: in some cases you will be advised to get different parts for the bike). Final bike position measurements are documented.
- Instruction is given on proper riding posture and technique.
- Specific therapeutic exercises are prescribed as needed.This assessment is useful for any athlete (competitive or recreational) who is interested in injury prevention and optimal movement efficiency